As the nights draw in and the temperature drops, try this warming Beef in Beer with Headland Red – it's a Mellor family favourite.
450g (1lb) stewing steak (the best quality you can find)
2 parsnips, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, halved
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
2 tbsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
3 - 4 bay leaves
Pinch of salt & pepper
25g (1oz) flour (to coat the beef)
500ml bottle of Headland Red
1. Season some flour on a plate with salt and pepper and use this to lightly coat the beef.
2. Transfer the coated beef to a hot frying pan to lightly brown in the rapeseed oil.
3. Chop all the vegetables and put into a large casserole dish with the beef.
4. Use some of the Headland Red to deglaze the frying pan and then pour the contents of the pan and the remaining beer into the casserole dish.
5. Season with the salt, pepper and bay leaves, put the lid on and cook on 150°C, 130°C Fan, Gas 2 for 3-4 hours.
You can also download the recipe here.
Photo for illustration purposes
Share this post
- Tags: News