An East Yorkshire micro brewery that is renowned for supporting the local arts scene is linking up with a leading regional theatre to promote the next generation of playwrights.
Wold Newton based Wold Top Brewery has become the sponsor of Hull Truck's regular Play, a Pie and a Pint events, providing its award winning ale as 'the pint' for guests to enjoy with the play. The forthcoming "Anti-Panto Play" billed as Four writers. Six actors. Two directors. Twenty-four hours tasks a team of writers to stay up and burn the midnight oil together to craft a play which they will pass on to a team of actors and a director. They will then develop that work into a play which the audience enjoys at the same time as the pie and pint.
Commenting on the sponsorship deal, Gill Mellor from Wold Top Brewery said; "We're as passionate about the arts as we are about Yorkshire and feel very privileged to have a theatre of Hull Truck's calibre within an hour of the brewery. This is a very exciting and innovative concept and an initiative that we are very proud to support."
Gill Adams, Development Coordinator from Hull Truck Theatre added; "The Play, Pie and a Pint series nurtures new and exciting talents and we're very proud of it. We are delighted Wold Top Brewery has become a corporate sponsor and we would encourage other businesses to support the theatre in such a novel way."
Tickets for the event, that takes place in the Studio of the Ferensway venue on 21st December at 8pm, cost £7.50 and are available by calling the Booking Office on 01482 323638 or by booking online at www.hulltruck.co.uk
Since its launch in 2003, Wold Top Brewery has been actively involved in supporting the arts in its North and East Yorkshire heartland. Fuelled by brewery owners Tom and Gill Mellor's love of music and a desire to support and engage the local community, the brewery has successfully sponsored and supported a series of local music festivals including the Beverley Folk Festival, the Moonbeams Wold Top Festival, the Burton Agnes and Scarborough Jazz Festivals, Whitby Folk festival and Bridlington's Musicport event.
Farm based Wold Top Brewery brews traditional real ale from home and Wolds grown malting barley, the finest hops and pure, chalk-filtered Wolds water. Its range of award winning ales is available through the website www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk, independent, family owned retailers, farm shops, delis, hotels, pubs and off licences throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Photo: Gill Mellor is delighted to sponsor the Play, Pie and Pint series at Hull Truck Theatre
For more information or to arrange an interview with Tom or Gill Mellor, please contact Tracey Baty at three60 marketing on;
Direct line: 01430 871360
Mobile: 07971 961574
Notes to editors
- Wold Top Brewery was founded in 2003 out of a need to diversify from farming. For more information about the brewery, please visit www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk . In 2003 production was 100 gallons per week with no paid staff and in 2011, production is up to 2816 gallons with a paid staff of 11.
- The brewery's unique selling points include home grown barley and the farm's own source of chalk filtered water.
- Wold Top Brewery's cask and bottled ales can be found in pubs and off licences throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Please call the brewery on 01723 892222 for an up-to-date list
- The range includes the award-winning Wold Top Beer, Falling Stone bitter, double award-winning Wolds Way pale ale and quadruple award winning Wold Gold light beer.
- For more information about Hull Truck Theatre, please visit www.hulltruck.co.uk
- Hull Truck gratefully acknowledges the use of A Play, a Pie and a Pint concept, with thanks to Oran Mor and Paines Plough.
Share this post
- Tags: News