Job Opportunity: Production Line Manager
Start date: January/February 2020
Who are we?
We are Agricola Bottling Ltd, a packaging and bottling company who process, bottle and package beer for Wold Top
Brewery (our sister company) and other UK brewers. Wold Top Brewery is a small, family run, independent brewery
based on the Yorkshire Coast. In 2007 we installed our own in-house packaging line and in 2010 Agricola Bottling Ltd was
created enabling us to offer contract packaging to other breweries.
As we expand the business and increase our production capability, we are looking for someone with previous production
line knowledge and experience to join our team.
The job in a nutshell: make the bottling line, from the order coming in to the order being delivered, run smoothly and
efficiently. Incorporating logistics, production planning, people management, customer service and administration.
● The outward face of Agricola Bottling: you’ll be the main point-of-contact for customers and will need to
manage the relationship from before the order is placed, to after it’s been delivered, and then repeated. (This
could be in person, via email or over the phone).
● Organising logistics: you’ll book deliveries, schedule collections, and coordinate with customers and delivery
● IT management and record keeping: you’ll ensure software is up to date, the website is well managed and
regularly refreshed, and that all documents are properly filed, organised and easily accessible.
● Team management: you’ll manage the team effectively to enable them to work productively and happily, setting
and reviewing targets and standards with each member of the team, and organising training as relevant. You’ll
manage up to the Directors where necessary, keeping them informed of major decisions with weekly one-to-ones.
● Quality control: you’ll make certain that the bottling line is always up to SALSA standard (and other quality
standards in the future), and that checks are done and recorded as product goes on, and off, the line.
● Production planning and stock management: you’ll implement and manage a stock management system that
ensures we always have exactly what we need when we need it. You’ll work with the management team to find
future business opportunities and plan those into the production schedule.
● Hands on: when necessary, you’ll work on the production line itself, and loading and unloading deliveries.
Your Skillset and Attitude
● Approachable and positive, to customers and your team.
● Organised and efficient, able to manage your time and that of others effectively.
● Practical and logical, you’re good at looking at a challenge, keeping a cool head and finding a solution.
● Good understanding of Office programmes (and ideally the Google Drive equivalents).
● Great attention to detail.
● Belief that “if it’s going to happen, it’s down to me.”
● Happy to be part of a team that really works as a team, rather than a series of individuals doing job
We currently run 3 production shifts, an early, morning and late shift. This role would work separately from these shifts on
a regular 8.30am till 5pm day, 5 days a week. 40 hours in total. Enabling you to be on site for the majority of production
time and manage all 3 shifts effectively.
Circa £22,000 per annum.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries, please call 01723 892222 and speak to Kate or Alex.